THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ro Sham Pew Pew!






So remember the other day when I was writing about that Ro Sham Bo survivor mix that wasn't available on the internet because certain file sharing sites SUCK? Welllll one of my Sydney dj heroes LEVINS of the guys has very kindly re-uploaded the mix for everyone to see. What a dude!

The Ro Sham Bo survivor mix of July 2009 was definitely one of my favorites for the year, and was used to promote a party they used to throw by the same name. Lots of tropics and ghetto bass. I don't know what happened to the party, but the mix has certainly dominated my itunes play count, and got me into a whole bunch of new musicz that introduced me to a whole new world of genres and artists and clubs and everything. I have a lot to thank for this mix.  
 
The really really cool thing about this is that despite its july-09 creation, its full of artists and tracks that are really only getting mainstream/blog/club recognition today. Artists like Chuckie and Emvee and Hot City and other peeps that hadn't had their first big hit at this point, but Ro Sham Bo knew and gave them a chance, and now these are getting massive plays today from a lot of trendsetters. I think thats beautiful, and so is this. Enjoy yo!!!! 



Tracklist:

BUSY SIGNAL like a shaker
ROSKA gone to a better place
CHUCKIE drop low
EMVEE glitch dub
DJ BIGGA boeke anthem
STEVE ANGELLO flonko
JUSTIN MARTIN my angelic demons
MJ COLE gotta have it (MJ's funky dub)
ALTERED NATIVES rass out
MERCURIAL MYRMIDON adjusted funk
NB FUNKY riddim box
NB FUNKY remix box
KYLA do you mind (CRAZY COUSINZ remix)
DJ NG tell me
CRYSTAL FIGHTERS xtatic truth (RENAISSANCE MAN remix)
LUCKY CHARMS & KID KAIO plain dots
DANIEL HAAKSMAN copabanana
HOT CITY no more
DVA god made me funky (remix)
ZED BIAS neighbourhood 09



No comments:

Post a Comment